1. What information do we gather?
1.1 We gather information that relates to, and can identify you (e.g. your name and address) and information that does not identify you (e.g. a visitor’s behaviour patterns when they visit our website). We collect information that does not identify you to evaluate our site, ensure that our site and services run properly and ensure we are paid for advertising services we offer.
2. How do we gather information?
2.1 Information is gathered in two ways:
(1) indirectly (e.g. using website technology or technology when you use a Crimorg application for a mobile device); and
(2) directly (e.g. when you buy a subscription, sign up to create a crimorg.com profile, down).
3. Use of your information
3.1 We might use your personal information to:
(1) remember you when you visit our website and track your browsing patterns by using cookies.
(2) ensure any products or services you receive are correctly administered (including subscriptions).
(3) ensure materials on the website are presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or mobile device.
(4) collate and log numeric internet addresses to improve the website and to monitor website usage.
3.2 If you have subscribed to any of or services, we will use the information you provide to keep you updated on those services unless you tell us otherwise.
4. Accessing and updating your personal information
4.1 You can update your details and marketing preferences by accessing your account pages on the website, by emailing email@example.com.
4.2 You have the right to access the personal information held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please send an email to da firstname.lastname@example.org. There will be an administrative charge of £10 for providing a copy of this information.
(1) remember you when you visit this website to keep track of your browsing patterns and to build up a profile of how you and other users use the website.
(2) make our website work as efficiently as possible.
(3) administer services to you and to advertisers.
5.3 Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
5.4 Google Analytics are one of the third parties we use to provide us with information about how users use our website.
7.1 The password you provide when registering with the website is encrypted to ensure protection against unauthorised access to your personal information.
7.2 We invest in high-quality security and do our utmost to protect user privacy. No data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of the website. Any information that you send is at your own risk and may be read by others. However once we have received your personal information we use strict procedures to protect the security of your personal information.
8. Disclosing your information
8.1 We may disclose your personal information if we are approached by a potential buyer of our business, if we required to do so by law or in good-faith believing such action is necessary to comply with the law.
8.2 We never sell personal information, or pass it to third parties for marketing purposes without your permission.
9. Where we store your personal information
9.1 The personal information that we collect from you may be sent and stored outside the European Economic Area (« EEA ») in order to carry out the activities listed in “Use of Your Information”.
10. Changes to this Policy
10.1 If we change our Policy, we will post the changes on this page. Please check the website regularly for any changes to this Policy.
11. If you don’t feel we’re adhering to this Policy, what should you do?
11.1 If you believe that we have not adhered to this Policy, please notify us by email at email@example.com and we will try to solve the problem promptly.